Pain Management is a branch of medicine employing an interdisciplinary approach for easing the suffering and improving the quality of life of those living with Chronic Pain.
In Phoenix under Pain Management Department, we deals with all kinds of Back Pain, Headache, CRPS, Shingles,
Chronic Abdominal & Pelvi Pain, Neuropethic Pain (in Diabetes), Cancer, Muscular & Joint Pain & Painless Normal Deliveries.
All types of Neuralgias and Neuropathic Pain including that of due to Diabetes .
• Chronic Abdominal and Pelvic Pain: - It is defined as a non-menstrual Pelvic Pain of more than three months duration that is severe enough to cause functional disability and require Medical or Surgical Treatment. We at Phoenix provides a Medical Treatment for this Extensive Pain.
• Neuropathic Pain: - is a Complex Chronic Pain that usually occurs by the Tissue Injury. The Nerves Fibers might be damaged, injured or dysfunctional. It sends the incorrect Signals to other Pain Centers.
We have a Senior Consultant Dr. Rupam kr. Sinha who has an expertise in treating the above type of Pains.
• Back Pain: - Patients who have Chronic Back Pain such as Herniated Discs, Arthritis or Spinal Stenosis are to be treated by the non-surgical options
available with the Phoenix Hospital, Allahabad. Some of the treatments are:-
- Spinal Cord Stimulator | Intradiscal Ablation Procedures | Intraspinal Drug Delivery | Alternative Medicine.
• Shingles: - Very Painful caused by the Herpes Zoster (chickenpox) virus in Adults varies from Mild to Severe. In some Patient, the pain remains long in Nerves due to Zoster Virus which we called Postherpetic Neuralgia. This Pain requires the intensive treatment to relieve the Pain so that they can live a good life.
• Cancer Pain: - happens to those Patients who are suffering from the Cancer. It is caused by the Tumour pressing on bones, nerves or other organs in the body. An effective treatment is required to these types of Pains and Phoenix Hospital has the specialist who are well aware of the technology from which the Pain can be reduce.
• Headaches: - It includes various types of Headaches like Tension, Migraine, Cluster or Cervicogenic. The Specialist identifies the potential cause, then medicate the Patients to reduce the frequency or the severity of headaches.
• CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome): - formerly reflex sympathetic dystrophy is an amplified musculoskeletal Pain Syndrome (AMPS). It is a chronic systemic disease characterized by severe pain, swelling, changes in the skin and broken in bone. The Symptons start from one part of the Limb as a local Pain and spreads to another region adjacent to that area. A proper diagnosis is required for the treatment and managing the pain of this disorder.